Recharge your energy in just 30 minutes
by Dr Veerle Van Tricht MD
When you focus on recharging your mental and emotional batteries, you’ll have greater energy in every area of your life.
Failure to recharge our energy can lead to Burnout.
We all lead such busy lives that it is hard for us to find time to recharge our energy.
Here are a 5 compelling reasons why you should be taking time out of your day to rest and refresh:
- It reduces stress – When you step away from the stress by meditating, taking a walk, or finding some other way to relax, you allow your positive traits to shine.
- It increases creativity – On a typical day, you’ve got so many things on your mind that there really isn’t space for your creativity to flourish. By resting and recharging, you allow your creativity a chance to take up space again.
- You’ll feel better – The stress hormone cortisol can make you feel panicked and on edge, but when you relax, you’ll give your ‘feel-good’ hormonesa chance to be released. Your mood will feel elevated and you’ll be more prepared to take on the day.
- It might help you live longer – Studies have shown stress contributes to the top causes of death, so when you take the time to recharge and reduce your stress, you’re helping yourself physically.
- It can strengthen your immune system – Relaxation helps your body repair itself, and that means your immune system benefits. That’s because stress weakens the immune system. Recharging regularly can help keep you well.
There are lots of ways in which we can recharge and it is important that you find the method that works for you.
These are my favourite ways to recharge:
- Take a walk – it doesn’t matter what the weather is doing, dress appropriately and get outside. As you walk, notice the birds, the scenery, and the fresh air.
- Take a bath – a warm bath where you can lie, relax and let the water surround you and feel the positive energy flow through your body.
- Sit somewhere quiet and think positive thoughts – think about your loved ones, music, dancing or whatever else makes you feel happy.
- Reading is the ultimate mental escape and the perfect tool for a quick recharge. Dip into a fantasy world full of adventure.
So set aside 30 minutes at least once a week for some ‘Me Time’ and recharge your Mind, Spirit and Productivity.
Check out my video ‘How to boost your energy in 30 minutes or less’ for more tips.